ELKINS KALT WEINTRAUB REUBEN GARTSIDE LLP is a full-service law firm with a focus on the following practice areas: Real Estate and Finance, Land Use and Environmental, Tax, Estate Planning, Corporate, Securities, Hospitality and Leisure, Investment Advisor/Broker-Dealer, Litigation and Family Law.
Michael D. Schmitt
J.D., University of Southern California
B.S., Boston College, magna cum laude
• Counsel to various landlord clients on complex mixed-use leasing transactions in Los Angeles' Downtown Arts District involving retail, restaurant and office users of properties requiring significant rehabilitation and upgrades.
• Represented developer in the acquisition, due diligence, development and lease up of a multi-building office, retail and industrial project totaling nearly 700,000 square feet in Fremont, California, the largest development of its kind in the San Francisco Bay Area in 15 years.
• Counsel to major institutional landlord on industrial lease transactions totaling over  million square feet for properties spanning the western United States.
• Counsel to buyer on the due diligence and acquisition of a 70 acre site near Seattle, Washington formerly owned by a major aerospace company, with the subsequent development being awarded industrial project of the year for 2015 by the Washington Chapter of NAIOP.
• Lead attorney for landlord on the drafting and negotiation of an approximately 130,000 square foot office lease in Orange County, California, one of the largest office leases in Southern California in 2014.
• Represented institutional REIT on the approximately $45 million acquisition of a high profile property comprising an entire city block in Hollywood, California to be redeveloped into a creative media mixed-use campus.
• Counsel to national developer client in the due diligence and acquisition of multi-property land assemblages in Southern California's Inland Empire for the future development of industrial and mixed-use projects.
State Bar of California