ELKINS KALT WEINTRAUB REUBEN GARTSIDE LLP is a full-service law firm with a focus on the following practice areas: Real Estate and Finance, Land Use and Environmental, Tax, Estate Planning, Corporate, Securities, Hospitality and Leisure, Investment Advisor/Broker-Dealer, Litigation, Employment and Labor, and Family Law.
Eric J. Lorenzini
J.D., Stanford Law School, with distinction
B.A., Trinity College; Phi Beta Kappa, with honors
• Won summary judgment on contractor’s breach of contract claim against developer on grounds that the contractor was operating without a bona fide “responsible managing employee,” in violation of the Contractors’ State Licensing Law.
• Won dismissal of claims for defamation and interference with economic advantage, arising out of defendant’s litigation-related actions, pursuant to the “anti-SLAPP” statute.
• Defense of a distributor of kitchen and home products in an action for alleged misappropriation of trade secrets.
• Representation of commercial landlords and tenants in actions for unlawful detainer and breach of lease.
• Representation of clients in various industries as both plaintiffs and defendants in actions for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and other commercial torts.
• Representation of a major record company in a copyright infringement suit against a venture capital firm and a publishing company arising out of their investment in the Napster file sharing service.
• Defense of the largest real estate company in the world in an action arising out of its buyout of a limited partner.
• Representation of a videogame publisher in a breach-of-contract action against a videogame producer.
• Defense of a movie studio in a copyright and idea-submission action concerning a major motion picture.
• Defense of a major pharmaceutical company in a fraud and breach of contract action brought by an institutional investor.
• Defense of a prominent law firm in a lawsuit alleging legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty.
• Representation of a title insurance company in suit against its insurer, including successful motion for summary adjudication establishing that the insurer breached its duty to defend and the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
• Defense of a former manufacturer of high performance vehicles in an action alleging trademark infringement, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty.
• Defense of a religious institution in a copyright infringement action involving unique copyright and First Amendment issues of first impression.
• Counseling of various clients with respect to contract compliance, copyright, idea submission, First Amendment, defamation, partnership duties, and other matters.
State Bar of California
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
American Business Trial Lawyers Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Beverly Hills Bar Association