ELKINS KALT WEINTRAUB REUBEN GARTSIDE LLP is a full-service law firm with a focus on the following practice areas: Real Estate and Finance, Land Use and Environmental, Tax, Estate Planning, Corporate, Securities, Hospitality and Leisure, Investment Advisor/Broker-Dealer, Litigation, Employment and Labor, and Family Law.
Christopher J. Rizza
J.D./M.B.A., Loyola Law School
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
• Negotiated numerous commercial lease agreements for one of California's largest privately held REIT and master planner for their portfolio of high-end shopping centers in Southern California.
• Represented national and regional shopping center developers in the acquisition and lease up of several "big box" anchored shopping centers (e.g., Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, Sam's Club, Kohl's, Home Depot and Lowe's).
• Advised a large privately held real estate investment company in connection with leasing-up, repositioning, and redeveloping its vast portfolio of retail and retail-driven mixed-use properties in the Western United States.
• Negotiated and drafted purchase and sale agreements, professional services and contractor agreements, and public improvement agreements.
• Represented a private real estate development company in the purchase of raw land, obtaining of entitlements, and the design and construction of finished lots for sale to national and regional homebuilders. In connection therewith, prepared gross profit projections and detailed market analyses to estimate market conditions, finished lot prices, and desired product types.
• Represented a Fortune 500 company in the expansion of its network of communication sites, retail stores, and offices in the Western United States.
State Bar of California
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Estate Division